• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for Gray Jeans?

pinoy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for a pair of gray jeans.

They don't need to be raw (do raw gray jeans even exist?), but something in a steel-gray color would be great. Cloak gets the color right, but their cuts are too skinny for me.

I'm looking for something slim with a straight cut (no taper, please).

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I just got these (should have tomorrow hopefully)

Corpus "rye" in "rain" finish

slim straight, there's only 1" taper from knee to hem but it's a slim leg throughout (16" knee w 15" hem on a size 32). The color looks really cool...a pale steel grey.

CORP-MJ16_V1-BIG.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
There's also these Raf Simons at SW

IMG_3130.jpg

a bit pricier at $242. Don't like the grey color as much, it's too "Levis 501 grey"

kakemono

Reaction score
Diesel Farco 85W are straight-leg grey jeans.

the back pockets may be a little more "showy" than some want though...

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I also think the Nom de Guerre grey jeans would fit the bill as their standard (or original, i can't remember the name) fit are slim without being skinny, and i think are straight leg. Blackbird used to have them, but you'd have to call to see if they're still there. http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/s...%20de%20Guerre I just got a pair of APC faded black grey cures. I think they also had the faded black color in new standard fit as well. A few seasons back there was a different grey jean from them too. The cure model that i have is sized down 1 and it's rather roomy in the top block with a taper at the bottom. I would like to find a size smaller to tighten the thighs up, but it still looks good. They're not as versatile as the corpus jeans that GS purchased though.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
PC had a bleached jean that is a light grey which I picked up in the rescue last fall.

pinoy

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone.

I'm more interested in a darker gray jean than the ones Get smart posted. The Raf Simons ones are closer to what I'm looking for, but I'd like to avoid a distressed look.

These are the Cloak jeans that I was originally talking about. I love that dark blue-gray color.

cloakss0708.gif

dgb

Reaction score
These might be a bit darker than you're after, but Skull do a grey 5010XX. Selvage denim, loads of nice details (donut buttons, hidden rivets etc. etc.) and the 5010XX is a really nice slim fit (nothing like a 501, despite the name). I've been wanting to get a pair of these to supplement my indigo pair, but haven't got round to it yet.

I do like the look of those Corpus ones as well, btw.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like grey jeans, but Earnest Sewn has a couple. The ES Rotton in ?Greaser Grey? is a dark gray with maybe hints of blue. (I'm not 100% i got the name of the wash right). I didn't like either the Rotton cut, or the greaser grey, but YMMV, as they say.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
B85CB260C8.jpg

That fits all your categories. Slim but not skinny, and a nice grey color. Cheap too, though they were cheaper on sale when I get them a month ago.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
B85CB260C8.jpg

That fits all your categories. Slim but not skinny, and a nice grey color. Cheap too, though they were cheaper on sale when I get them a month ago.

what are they? are you keeping it a secret?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nudie Jeans had a gray regular ralf this last season, which you might still be able to find. I got mine from Context.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads