• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excellent Article on Fabrics

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Agreed. But Roger Bannister? Someone is dating himself, or perhaps his intended audience.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Who is this Mantongiavanni joker? And when will he be publishing in Men's Fudge? I think we should all chip in and get David Bresch a subscription...

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Who is this Mantongiavanni joker? And when will he be publishing in Men's Fudge? I think we should all chip in and get David Bresch a subscription...

I'll chip in some fudge for Bresch but will it ever compare to his beloved Monsieur?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares what this Nick person says.

I value the opinion of my salesman at the flagship Sean John store on 5th Ave, who told me that their suits are made of 130% wool.

I wonder what one of these Supers fabrics has to say to that.

blizzack1

Reaction score
And even people not in the business are getting into the game. Michael Alden, a Europe-based venture capitalist, has been a Savile Row cus*tomer for years and remembers with a mixture of fondness and regret the great range of sturdy cloth that was available as recently as the 1980s. Rather than settle for what is out there now, he has gone directly to mills to commission his own fabrics, defraying the cost by attracting buy*ers through his website, thelondonlounge.net. "Fabric manufacturers cannot find customers for traditional cloth through their established retail and wholesale channels, so they have slowed production," he says. "Some custom clothing clients, however, still prefer the old-fashioned stuff for its styling and draping qualities. I'm trying to bridge that gap." Lacking any overhead or marketing costs, Alden can offer this cloth at prices slightly below $100 per yard.

Does anyone know if this is something exclusive to London Lounge members?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Who cares what this Nick person says.

I value the opinion of my salesman at the flagship Sean John store on 5th Ave, who told me that their suits are made of 130% wool.

He was trying say all Sean John suits come with 2 pair of trousers

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
Yes, it is, email Alden to request it.

Or you can just talk to the mills yourself.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good article... Honestly, I've never paid attention to the count, I just go with what feels nice in my hands and on my body.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
The London Lounge also offers Bespoke Vacations where valet and velvet are in one package.
Is this the vacation where one gets to meet artisans and defraud them?

wink.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
He was trying say all Sean John suits come with 2 pair of trousers
Given the sales bomb of his latest album I am going to call him P. Diddly.

crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads