• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnathan Behr Bespoke (LA)

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently updated two threads over on AAAC (LA Tailors and Johnathan Behr) re: my experience with LA tailor Johnathan Behr. Attached are photos of one of two suits he recently delivered. Enjoy. (If anyone is interested in his contact info, its in the two AAAC threads referenced above.)

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, look great. The pattern matching is amazing.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The matching of the suit pattern is all Johnathan's doing; the matching of the ensemble is a credit to membership in SF.

usctrojan55

Reaction score
Do you have an email address? What is the best way to contact him?

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

usctrojan55

Reaction score
Very nice.

How would you judge the softness and the fit in the chest? I basically want to get another version of a zegna couture suit that fits better in the chest.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice suit Ron. I am alswys very skeptical of "bespoke clothiers" rather than tailors, but this guy looks to have done a very, very nice job for you. I like the combo of the lighter tie. I can't ever seem to get it right, but it looks great how you have it done up.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Looks good. He's not too far from me; only about 45 minutes. How long did it take from start to finish? Mighty impressive pattern matching in the back, I must say!

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW is that a Ferragamo tie ? They seem to have a thing for cutesy patterns, the reason I ask

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by usctrojan55
Very nice.

How would you judge the softness and the fit in the chest? I basically want to get another version of a zegna couture suit that fits better in the chest.

My fit is excellent, and the fabric is quite soft with a luxurious hand. Johnathan is quite good at both offering his thoughts about fit and in soliciting your input and trying to achieve whatever vision you have. Based on what I had seen of his earlier work (back when he had his shop on Robertson Blvd.) and my first two experiences with him, I have no hesitation saying I think you'll be pleased with his work. Besides, having something made exclusively for you, to your precise measurements, cannot be matched in RTW, no matter the virtues of the cloth.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Nice suit Ron. I am alswys very skeptical of "bespoke clothiers" rather than tailors, but this guy looks to have done a very, very nice job for you. I like the combo of the lighter tie. I can't ever seem to get it right, but it looks great how you have it done up.

Thanks Matt.

As not all of us are in a position to fill our closets with fabulous Neapolitan bespoke, we nevertheless still want to project a little dignity. I'm a big believer in supporting artisanal talent wherever it can be found, particularly if its local.

As for the color mix, if there's anything you should have picked up on by now its that I like a little color in my life; keeps things interesting.
smile.gif

Coming from you I take these both as high compliments.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christofuh BTW is that a Ferragamo tie ? They seem to have a thing for cutesy patterns said:
No, Chris; to the consternation of some, I'm an avowed Hermes man, this being one. (More recently, though, I've been juicing up my Kiton collection.)

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first one took about 6 weeks from start to finish, although Johnathan has assured me that that's only because they had to make a pattern for me and that subsequent orders should take 4 weeks or less, depending upon their work flow. I also complicated things by adding different features to each suit (e.g., peak lapels, high-back V waist, different pleating, etc.)

I've already commissioned another and have plans for two more after that, including a red seersucker for summer.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
Thanks Matt.

As not all of us are in a position to fill our closets with fabulous Neapolitan bespoke, we nevertheless still want to project a little dignity. I'm a big believer in supporting artisanal talent wherever it can be found, particularly if its local.

As for the color mix, if there's anything you should have picked up on by now its that I like a little color in my life; keeps things interesting.
smile.gif

Coming from you I take these both as high compliments.

LOL. I save up by not buying those fancy English bespoke shoes.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
I've already commissioned another and have plans for two more after that, including a red seersucker for summer.

Not to dissuade you, but my father used to have a red seersucker. Close up it looked a lot like a barbershop quartet jacket and from far away it became a strange mauvish pink. Personally, I'd prefer a gray seersucker, but that's just me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads