• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chopin vodka

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After having tried just about everything readily available on the market, I'd have to say that I really like this one. I know the Vodka debate is rife with personal insecurity and people making bogus claims, but I've been having this stuff straight, and made a few vodka 7 ups... I don't know what it is, but it tastes great. Maybe I like the more full flavored potato vodkas more?

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, Chopin is hands down the best vodka I've had. Although vegetable vodkas tend to get a bad rap, Chopin is exceptionally smooth and has a nice burn that is not at all unpleasant. Goes down much easier than other brands, and is remarkably clean -- it almost seems like you're holding a mouthful of water before you swallow. Great for drinking straight from a chilled shot glass, and while it's almost too nice for mixing, it also makes great screwdrivers (one of my old standby cocktails).

There are a couple of other premium vodkas I have yet to try, notably Jewel of Russia, which I've heard good things about, but I don't anticipate Chopin being dethroned any time soon.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
I haven't tried Chopin yet. But another great potato vodka I'd recommend is a polish brand Monopolowa. Its ridiculously cheap ($10 for 1L) and tastes much better than anything in that price range. It also has that more viscous "potato" feel.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a Chopin fan.

Bottles are cool too.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chopin fan too -- it has been my favorite since I can't find Smirnoff Black Label anwhere anymore. One bottle left and I won't open it.
frown.gif
However, I never mix it. Too much of a waste. ~ Huntsman

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
However, I never mix it. Too much of a waste.
Same here. I made a screwdriver once, just to see if Chopin would make a really good one (it did), but that was the only time I've ever mixed it. I don't break it out for parties, either -- at least not parties where people are looking to get smashed. Chopin is a vodka to be savored. Oh, and Huntsman, re: Smirnoff Black Label: http://www.lastorders.com/smirnoff_black_label.htm

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chopin is a decent vodka in my opinion. I prefer something a bit more unrefined though, if I had to pick. For a relatively inexpensive vodka I'd choose Ketel, or Stoli, while I'm fond of some esoteric Russian vodkas with a bit of punch, like Red Army. Chopin is certainly very good though and I have a bottle, I'd likely not pay the premium to order it at a bar though.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never tried Chopin, but I had Ketel One at a bar a few weeks back and am sold on it. FOr cheap, I always go with Svedka

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ketel One is for me, one of the most vile concoctions on the face of the earth, and somehow it has the reputation of being a premium brand. I don't think you can even compare it to Red Army... Stoli neither, because Stoli knows it's a cheap.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chopin, Effen, or Level for me with rocks and a splash of tonic or cranberry. After one or two of those, skip the splash.

vanity

Reaction score
I actually enjoy Stoli. I'm not a fan of Goose or Ketel b/c all I see is douchebags ordering bottle after bottle of it at clubs. Simply b/c of it's name and nothing else. I'd be surprised if they could even tell the difference if it werent for the bottle. Not worth the price to me.

I will try Chopin at a bar but for for $40/bottle, it's a bit out of my league. I'm not that much of a vodka afficionado. I don't think I'd get my money's worth on it.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
I actually enjoy Stoli. I'm not a fan of Goose or Ketel b/c all I see is douchebags ordering bottle after bottle of it at clubs. Simply b/c of it's name and nothing else. I'd be surprised if they could even tell the difference if it werent for the bottle. Not worth the price to me.

I will try Chopin at a bar but for for $40/bottle, it's a bit out of my league. I'm not that much of a vodka afficionado. I don't think I'd get my money's worth on it.

Well I understand where you're comming from but I've done what those Douchebags do because it also gets you better treatment. At least here in Montreal where meathead bouncers who can barely read their own drivers license think they actually have a right to speak to you and broke ass managers try to run the show in a way that makes no sense, it's often the best to just buy the most expensive of whatever you want so you can avoid hassles and just have a fun time.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i first saw ' Chopin' and I quickly clicked on the thread.

alas, it was not a thread about my cherished composer but it was a drinking/ alcohol thread.

not my interest

thanks for informing us.

Todd

Reaction score
I have to agree with you on the Chopin - it is my favorite for a dry vodka martini.

Belvedere is also great.

I just cannot bring myself to drink Grey Goose anymore... Too many people ordering it just becase they heard the name.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads