• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Jean help

redmania

Reaction score
Due to a new purchase of boots I will be requiring some new jeans. I wish to go for a dark denim boot cut, however I have muscular thighs and was wishing to purchase a jean that would fit nicely around the thighs and taper nicely on the boot..

Anyone have any recommendations?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redmania
Due to a new purchase of boots I will be requiring some new jeans. I wish to go for a dark denim boot cut, however I have muscular thighs and was wishing to purchase a jean that would fit nicely around the thighs and taper nicely on the boot..

Anyone have any recommendations?

If you want it to taper onto the boot you don't want a big bootcut, b/c a bootcut will widen, not taper.

The 5EP Low Down Boot is probably the ticket for you. It looks like this:

5ep1290_large.jpg

I believe some guy savage on here was selling them for $170 delivered in one wash which is pretty good.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
http://www.dresscodesatl.com/entrance.html

I don't know anything about this guy just that he posted here. You can read his post in the thread called "5EP Low Down Boot, where to get?"

I just ordered a pair of 5EP resin boot from him yesterday. Good prices, but only a limited selection left.

savage

Reaction score
Hi guys.. you talking about me? My real name is Brett, and I own a boutique in Atlanta called DressCodes. We just opened on Thanksgiving, so nobody knows me/ us yet. We've gotten some press down here, and in some other places but as I said we're still really new. Anyway, I still have some 5ep's left. For the 'Resin One Wash' I still have 31/32/33/34/36. I also have the 'Boot Dark Worn' from 30-36 but since you said you wanted a dark pair the 'Resin' wash may be better. < Both are posted on the Oak website >.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
hey Brett,

do you have more pics or could you give some details on maxx &amp; unicorn wallets... I'm interested. thanks.

savage

Reaction score
Maxx and Unicorn Co. wallets are hand made and hand cut from a pattern created in 1943 and passed down through the family. Maxx and Unicorn also hand bonds all the wallets so there is no stitching anywhere, creating a thinner, flatter finished product. In addition to wallets M&U co. also produces cardholders, travel wallets (small & large). All pieces can also be custom made in a variety of colors, and emboss stamps. Current colors include Cherry Red, Turquoise, Yellow, Brown, Navy, Black, and Camo. Embossed stamps include the Anchor, Tank, Airplane, parachute w/ wings as well as Double pistols, & double cannon - most are vintage military insignia for infantry divisions from WWII. More pictures can be found on the blog - DressCodesATL.com/blog
punk-rock.jpg

atroopan

Reaction score
Lemme just say - I bought my 5EPs in the LDB resin from Brett a couple months ago. Love the jeans. Great shopping experience and relatively fast shipping considering it had to cross the border. Yes and Brett did accomadate my whacky concerns about sizing by measuring a couple of different 33s and picking the most accomadating one ( I think it was the one that was on the store dummy - not you Brett that I received).

CCRA didn't ding me a zillion dollars in duties either so that was bonus on top of the great pricing on the jeans.

troop

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics