• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it inapprorpriate to wear overcoat/three-quarter coats with street clothes?

lsquare

Reaction score
Is it inapprorpriate? I could be wrong about this, but I remember reading someone's post in that overcoat/three-quarter coats should be worn with suits.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can do it if you're wearing one that's not so loose it will go over a jacket.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inappropriate? Hell no! I love the look but I am not a SuFu person.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The look definitely works well, so long as you balance out all the elements.

Ex: A slim 3/4 length charcoal Jil Sander coat will go well with a cardigan, raw jeans, and ankle boots.

A looser double-breasted camel-colored overcoat from Brooks Brothers will not go well with Baggy Bjorns and Dunks.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the beauty of street style is you can pair anything with anything else. sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesnt, but it is the people who try the new **** out that change fashion.

Empire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Looks great with everything except sweats and sneakers.

I disagree about sneakers. I sometimes wear a slim 3/4 black rainmac with dark denim and adidas italia / Gazelle. It looks pretty good to me.

Max

Reaction score
If you have to ask...

mutterlein

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear it with sneakers and risk looking like you are 17.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads