• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna MTM

CommercialDoc

Reaction score
So the Zegna trunk show is coming to town with no add'l charges for MTM customization. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this program. What is the typical price for a MTM Zegna suit? 1500?

Please let me know your thoughts. Also, let me know what other options one might consider in the same price range. I am looking for at least the fit of MTM if not bespoke.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here in Europe, the Zegna "Su Misura" service implies an additional cost of about 15%, I think, compared to the normal rate (although during a period of some weeks each autumn and spring you get a tie for free when you use this service). Now, at least here in Spain, you can have a reasonably good tailor make you a suit of Zegna cloth for about the same price (say around EUR 1300-1500, that is, around USD 1700-2000).

WestOfPCH

Reaction score
This is my first post, but I've been lurking for a while, and I may be able to help on this one since I just bought two Zegna MTM suits from their store in Beverly Hills.

Generally speaking, an off the rack Zegna suit (Roma model) will cost about $2k for a nice entry level fabric, with prices going up from there for more expensive cloths. Zegna classifies their fabrics by letter, and the further down the alphabet, the nicer--and more expensive--the fabric (in other words, a suit made of "N" fabric will cost more than a "K"). If you want a Couture model (a Neopolitan style suit with a lot more handwork), add on an extra $500-$600 roughly.

Their MTM suits cost about 15% more than the equivalent off the rack suit.

FWIW, I love my suits. One is made of 15 mil mil 15, navy with tight pinstripes. The other is a perfect travel suit: high performance micronsphere, charcoal grey with turqoise pinstripes. Both are sweet: drape great, beautiful hand especially on the navy suit, stylishly conservative (or is that conservatively stylish?), and they look awesome even 15 minutes out of a suitcase. Even got an awesome MTM sport coat (Wool/Silk, fine beige stripes/pattern, HP micronsphere, patch pockets) that has been perfect during the summer.

The service at the Zegna store in BH has been very, very good. Can't compare to other MTM at other stores, but check the older posts as others have very definite comments/thoughts on where to do Zegna MTM if going somewhere besides an "Ermenigildo Zegna" store.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WestOfPCH
Zegna classifies their fabrics by letter, and the further down the alphabet, the nicer--and more expensive--the fabric (in other words, a suit made of "N" fabric will cost more than a "K").
Where on the interior pocket tag is this designated? I'm curious about a suit I have now.

WestOfPCH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Where on the interior pocket tag is this designated? I'm curious about a suit I have now.

Just checked the MTM sport coat I have . . . find the box labeled "Tessuto, Fabric, etc." and in that area should be the description of the fabric (e.g. "100% wool" or "80% wool, 20% silk"). Immediately above that description but still in the same box is a code # (e.g. 03F019), and next to that code number is a letter (in this case, "I"). The "I" is the fabric grade for this jacket.

FYI: I have another Zegna sport coat that I bought at a Neiman Marcus sale a couple of years ago. The tag is slightly different, and while the fabric description and code is there, the letter-grade designation is not. Perhaps it is somewhere else on the tag or maybe it's only on EZ suits bought from their stores, I'm not sure. When I first bought the jacket, I had no clue about the letter designations. Since I found out about it, I've always been curious as to where I might find it for that jacket. Maybe I'll ask my Zegna guy the next time I'm in the store.

And if/when you're doing MTM, it's much easier to find since the individual swatches should be labeled accordingly.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Okay, that's where I figured it must be when I looked. My Taglio Esclusivo (earlier MTM designation) suit is an 'F' (Super 100s, great hand), my recent cashmere sportcoat acquisition is an 'S'.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads