• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans with spectators?

16520Man

Reaction score
Coupled with a RLPL white dress shirt. Whaddya think?

BB%20Spectators%2001.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I think it looks fine but not worn as a daily norm...I see quite a few rockabilly guys wearing spectators with cuffed jeans and I used to wear the combo quite a bit, but I think spectators look better with a proper trouser, as the combo can make one look like a dorky late 90s revival swing dancer. Plus I wouldnt want indigo stains from dry denim on the white suede portion of your Barker Blacks
frown.gif

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think your upcoming brown BB's will look better with jeans.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
you'd fit right in with all the boppers and rockabilly guys in tokyo.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
you'd fit right in with all the boppers and rockabilly guys in tokyo.

I remember going out to Yoyogi Park in Harajuku on sundays to check out the rockabilly crews and their bop circles! I have a few friends here in LA that are Japanese rockabilly ex-pats....and one of my Tokyo friends, Jack of Jack's Vintage in Shibuya, comes out to LA a few times a year. I heard they don't do the sunday free-for-all concerts at Yoyogi anymore...?
frown.gif

xcoldricex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I remember going out to Yoyogi Park in Harajuku on sundays to check out the rockabilly crews and their bop circles! I have a few friends here in LA that are Japanese rockabilly ex-pats....and one of my Tokyo friends, Jack of Jack's Vintage in Shibuya, comes out to LA a few times a year. I heard they don't do the sunday free-for-all concerts at Yoyogi anymore...?
frown.gif

you can't play amplified music in the park. but they still dance (don't mind the picture on the left):
Japan4168.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
awesome pics! thanks for sharing that...i remember one time a salaryman walked into one of the dance circles and started doing his own lil jig, to the amusement of the rockers, then went off on his merry way after a couple bars of Elvis played. Nice to see they are still keepin on...

capnpyro

Reaction score
Being that those are BB's as far as I'm concerned you can wear them with anything
tongue.gif

quadraphony

Reaction score
I've been thinking about spectators in brown/off-white to pair with jeans.

Anyone making something like these?

gusgusterson

Reaction score
Those Barker Blacks are lovely! I've walked my the shop a number of times, but never gone in. Now I have something to do this weekend.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quadraphony
I've been thinking about spectators in brown/off-white to pair with jeans.

Anyone making something like these?

There's a store in W. LA called Remix that specializes in vintage repro shoes, mostly for women (god knows my gf has enough pairs) but also some men's, including a brown/white spectator. They're pretty enough, and a good purchase at around $150

Remix Vintage Shoes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads