• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great Success with these supplements/and workout program--Current Progress Pics---

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great Success with these supplements/and workout program

This is my current state and mainly just try to maintain and work on lesser developed body parts to add symmetry. This is all natural other than some stimulants like coffee and such for breakfast and pre workout. Anyway, a picture and results:

von2n7.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been using 3 products regular for about a month now and I am extremely pleased:

Amped by MetRx- during workout in RTD format
Cellmass - breakfast and pre/post workout
No-Xplode- breakfast instead of coffee

Also, tri o plex now has these wonderful sofe chewy chocalate chip cookies that are high protein, fairly low in fat and low in sugar.

I'm eating 6 to 7 times a day. Mostly 40 P/40 C/20 F
I have been doing a wine course and Chicago does have some awesome places to eat so I have to cardio up on off days from the weights.

I was pretty competitive in bodybuilding and weight training in college and I'm still appling a one thousand concentric with 2 to 4 thousand eccentric with drop down to stimulate type II muscle twitch hypertrophy and to hit fast and slow twitch muscle fibers while minimizing injury.
Intensity is high, using Ipod Nano with various 'high energy' music. workouts are short 30 to 40 minutes max.

Train primarily:
Day One: Chest/abs/calves
Day Two: Shoulders/abs/calves
Day Three: Cardio
Day Four: Back/abs/calves
Day Five: Bi/Tri
Day Six: Cardio
Day Seven: Legs

6 pack is reallly coming out and symmetry is excellent
Trying to drink alot of water also.

Also south beach diet pizzas have about 30 grams protein, 15 gram of fiber and moderate fat amount. Only neg is the sodium.
Try it, I think you'll get maximum results in minimum time with low chance of injury.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soph- How do you train three muscle groups in 30 to 40 minutes? How many excersises are you doing per muscle and how many sets per excercise?

Martinis at 8

Reaction score
I use the Noxplode. My son turned me on to this product. I react well to it, and also to DHEA tablets.

For maintenance, I do one day of cardio, followed by full-body weights the next day. I never go heavy.

M8

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
Soph- How do you train three muscle groups in 30 to 40 minutes? How many excersises are you doing per muscle and how many sets per excercise?

Usually, as you see from the workout, it's primarily only one large muscle group.
Chest for example:
1. I use dumbbells as I firmly believe that straight bar bench puts undue and incorrect stress on the shoulder and is not a natural range of movement. This can help you avoid shoulder injuries.
2. I use a principle where one uses a 1 thousand count concentric movement, followed by a 3 to 4 thousand slow negative (eccentic) movement. This actually promotes more type 2 muscle twitch fiber damage and muscular size gains
3. I follow up with a drop set at about 1/2 of the original weight to hit fast and slow twitch fiber during the set.
4. I rarely do more than 1 or 2 sets of the same exercise. Mentzer believed this also, in that if you use maximum intensity on one set and with a declined that you really gained no advantage in doing multiple sets of the same exercise. Your objective is to damage muscle fiber, what does a 3rd set of the same exercise achieve?
5. I will do incline, then flat, dips, cable crossover, pushups. finish with 2 sets calves, and about 5 minute of abs.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Martinis at 8
I use the Noxplode. My son turned me on to this product. I react well to it, and also to DHEA tablets.

For maintenance, I do one day of cardio, followed by full-body weights the next day. I never go heavy.

M8

what does Noxplode do? hard to understand from their website. similar to creatine?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
what does Noxplode do? hard to understand from their website. similar to creatine?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/xplode.html

Some of the claims are over the top; however, the product does deliver results, Amped by MetRx is also very very good. Amplify Mental Focus, Performance, Strength, & Training Intensity: It does all of these.

I switch back and forth between Amped and Noxplode

Mark_Y

Reaction score
Soph:

Impressive work. Can you post some additional stats, such as age, height, and weight? How long have you been working this routine?

Martinis at 8

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter

The Noxplode contains creatine and nitric oxide. Creatine is a natural product found in meats. It helps build muscle by allowing water to volumize the muscle cells. The nitric oxide is supposed to help with the flow of blood and is said to provide a delivery system for the creatine. That's my understanding. It works.

Also, for us older guys DHEA is needed. It starts decreasing rapidly after age 40. Helps maintain the ability regenerate busted up cells from weight training or plyometric training.

M8

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Noxplode contains creatine and nitric oxide. Creatine is a natural product found in meats. It helps build muscle by allowing water to volumize the muscle cells. The nitric oxide is supposed to help with the flow of blood and is said to provide a delivery system for the creatine. That's my understanding. It works.

Also, for us older guys DHEA is needed. It starts decreasing rapidly after age 40. Helps maintain the ability regenerate busted up cells from weight training or plyometric training.

M8

--- HRT for men especially post 40 is of some debate currently. The AMA is never one to promote much of anything that better's one's life via hormones. The one risk I see to such practices is the growth of cancers as many times cancer does feed off hormones. Prostate cancer for example many times, not always, feeds off of testosterone hence why lupron is used to chemcially castrate men. However the benefits of GH, Test, and DHEA are well documented and the purpose is to simply keep you at the high end of normal. As long as you keep a close eye on your blood and consistent check ups and you understand this risk and way it against the return then this is something to look into. Many such 'cinics' are popping up to to help but also to make a fortune from this anti aging practice/therapy.

Martinis at 8

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
--- HRT for men especially post 40 is of some debate currently. The AMA is never one to promote much of anything that better's one's life via hormones. The one risk I see to such practices is the growth of cancers as many times cancer does feed off hormones. Prostate cancer for example many times, not always, feeds off of testosterone hence why lupron is used to chemcially castrate men. However the benefits of GH, Test, and DHEA are well documented and the purpose is to simply keep you at the high end of normal. As long as you keep a close eye on your blood and consistent check ups and you understand this risk and way it against the return then this is something to look into. Many such 'cinics' are popping up to to help but also to make a fortune from this anti aging practice/therapy.

I agree 100%. Especially with HGH. The DHEA is pretty benign from what I have read.

Great pics soph. I see you have kept up with your legs, which get neglected by many. Great work!

M8

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark_Y
Soph:

Impressive work. Can you post some additional stats, such as age, height, and weight? How long have you been working this routine?

Height: 5'9 to 5'10 5'11 with heels (lol) or boots
wink.gif

Weight: 185lbs
I've been using this routine although modified to lower wieghts since 94-95
Back in the day I could put up 385 straight bar bench for reps unassisted; however, my shoulder is still sore from those days.

Now I rarely exceed 2 85lb dumbells for incline and flats.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Especially with HGH. The DHEA is pretty benign from what I have read.

Great pics soph. I see you have kept up with your legs, which get neglected by many. Great work!

M8

--Agreed, Leg training truly seperates the Men from the boys as we used to say.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

M8

I've used creatine in the past, with excellent results. and I have heard about the good effect of nitric oxide. maybe I will try this in a few months - I jst started back to the gym after a break of almost 8 years (strangly enough, that number coresponds with how long I have lived with my wife). in a few months I should get back enough strengh to make it worth while to start taking creatine again.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had, and witnessed, good results from MMA's creatine serum. No loading necessary.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Looking good Soph -

As I said in your previous thread - I too find the Cell Mass and NoXplode to be beneficial. Can't really tell if the Nitrix pills do anything, but it's easy to buy the whole batch cheap on Ebay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads