• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great Success with these supplements/and workout program

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using 3 products regular for about a month now and I am extremely pleased:

Amped by MetRx- during workout in RTD format
Cellmass - breakfast and pre/post workout
No-Xplode- breakfast instead of coffee

Also, tri o plex now has these wonderful sofe chewy chocalate chip cookies that are high protein, fairly low in fat and low in sugar.

I'm eating 6 to 7 times a day. Mostly 40 P/40 C/20 F
I have been doing a wine course and Chicago does have some awesome places to eat so I have to cardio up on off days from the weights.

I was pretty competitive in bodybuilding and weight training in college and I'm still appling a one thousand concentric with 2 to 4 thousand eccentric with drop down to stimulate type II muscle twitch hypertrophy and to hit fast and slow twitch muscle fibers while minimizing injury.
Intensity is high, using Ipod Nano with various 'high energy' music. workouts are short 30 to 40 minutes max.

Train primarily:
Day One: Chest/abs/calves
Day Two: Shoulders/abs/calves
Day Three: Cardio
Day Four: Back/abs/calves
Day Five: Bi/Tri
Day Six: Cardio
Day Seven: Legs

6 pack is reallly coming out and symmetry is excellent
Trying to drink alot of water also.

Also south beach diet pizzas have about 30 grams protein, 15 gram of fiber and moderate fat amount. Only neg is the sodium.
Try it, I think you'll get maximum results in minimum time with low chance of injury.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been so lazy lately, I need to get back into working out. Do you actually find the supplements making a difference? Have you ever tried a program without any? Just curious.

My first foray into weightlifting was instructed by this book. So I guess I am kinda biased against supps. I haven't actually had the dedication to stick with it long enough though to see much gain.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
I've been so lazy lately, I need to get back into working out. Do you actually find the supplements making a difference? Have you ever tried a program without any? Just curious.

My first foray into weightlifting was instructed by this book. So I guess I am kinda biased against supps. I haven't actually had the dedication to stick with it long enough thdough to see much gain.

---Yes, food is a supplement itself in a way. Creatine does help your strength and endurance. I use probably less than 5 to 7 grams a day. I've noticed my strength and endurance is much higher. You must drink alot of water. Caffiene has always worked, as does any of alpha 1 and 2's, stimulating fat burning, higher bmr, and increased strength form nerve force output, hence why high doses of this is illegal in olymipc setting. I believe caffiene even at 200 mg can increase strengh around 15 %. When used intelligently it does help your focus. Once you reach a certain point, you just don't wan to go backwards.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan...

I've had good luck with Cellmass and No-Xplode myself. A little pricey, but you can find them on Ebay for a lot less than retail.

Post some pics of your progress.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice, Soph. How do you get your 200mg of caffiene? Seems like drinking lots of tea or coffee before working out would mess up my stomach, but I am intrigued by this idea. Not to mention, the tea I've been enjoying mostly these days only has about 15mg of caffiene per cup.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Soph, any suggestions for supplementing a cutting phase? I recently ordered a thermogenic. Haven't found a good one since ephedra was banned, so we'll see what happens.

Tom

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, Soph. How do you get your 200mg of caffiene? Seems like drinking lots of tea or coffee before working out would mess up my stomach, but I am intrigued by this idea. Not to mention, the tea I've been enjoying mostly these days only has about 15mg of caffiene per cup.

--- The X plode (yes, marketing cheesy) and Amped have the caffience mixed in, also I doubt in a highly liquid format they would affect your stomach, also taking ROLAIDS and/or baking soda used to be an old bodybuilding trick that I still use when training legs to prevent nausea.(should work for your stomach/caffiene issue, maybe)

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Soph, any suggestions for supplementing a cutting phase? I recently ordered a thermogenic. Haven't found a good one since ephedra was banned, so we'll see what happens.

Tom

Tom,

Ephedra is still very available contrary to the media
devil.gif

Type in Mega Pro Vaso Pro
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mp/vaso.html

-- Ephedra, like any substance (drug,natural, food etc.) when used judiciously, intelligently, is a great pre workout/and tremendous fat burner.
The Journal of Obesity(I believe) did the original studies caffience/eph/aspirin combination thaat thrashed bodyfat. Sounds like you tolerated it well.
For newbies, extreme caution warning if you are considering using this until your body has some tolerance to it. I've seen guys that are smart start with as little as 5 mg (1/4 to 1/8 a tab). The rewards outweigh the risks when used intelligently. But if you want to proprogate the media's brainwashing of america take 3 to 20 tabs at once and kill over. Or take 10 shots of espresso and do the same. Better yet, go into a boxing ring while society and the media praise your ability to do one if not the most unhealthy things known to man, getting knocked unconscious really should be of more concern to society at large in a public forum.
blush.gif

Other excellent fat burners to go with a higher protien/lower carb/moderate fat intake cutting phase:

RedLine: Crazy!
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/red.html

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
taking ROLAIDS and/or baking soda used to be an old bodybuilding trick that I still use when training legs to prevent nausea.
Soph, you are the man! I will definately try that since I am unable to go to failure when I do squats because of the nausea/vomiting.

How much time do you give the Rolaids to digest before you hit the legs, and same question for baking soda but also...how much soda do you ingest?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soph, you are the man! I will definately try that since I am unable to go to failure when I do squats because of the nausea/vomiting.

How much time do you give the Rolaids to digest before you hit the legs, and same question for baking soda but also...how much soda do you ingest?

--- I used to take two rolaids right before I would leave to the gym. If I was training legs really heavy, I drank no water for 30 minutes prior because you would get sick. I would just stick to the rolaids over baking soda. Also, I believe there were some theories that baking soda could help your workout like a creatine like effect. Twinlabs used to sell something similar prior to creatine becoming a mainstay.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

--- I used to take two rolaids right before I would leave to the gym. If I was training legs really heavy, I drank no water for 30 minutes prior because you would get sick. I would just stick to the rolaids over baking soda. Also, I believe there were some theories that baking soda could help your workout like a creatine like effect. Twinlabs used to sell something similar prior to creatine becoming a mainstay.

Hey, I found it: I knew there was some reason I took it.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mohr88.htm

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baking Soda results and applications for increased workout efficiency:

Results

The main finding in this study was that pre-exercise ingestion of sodium bicarbonate was effective in buffering the pH of the blood before and during the sprint test. Second was that the supplement was beneficial at selected time points during the second half of the sprint test.

The thought of giving the dose of supplement they did in two times before the workout was novel; no other study has followed this same protocol. Therefore, it's a bit premature to suggest everyone begin taking this same dose in the manner outlined to enhance performance.

Anecdotally, I've heard from a colleague who works with several pro athletes that they actually dilute alka seltzer (same buffering agent) in water and drink this during a workout to prevent cramping. Remember, more is not better; don't blame me when you're pulling a "Harry Dunn" from the bathroom scene in Dumb and Dumber.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

--Javyn,

Curious if the Rolaids worked?

Soph

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics