• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana Cashmere

Nille

Reaction score
I have been in the textile business more than 25 years and finally I decided to enter into my own venture. Crazy about cashmere and Italy I went down there and bought yarn from Loro Piana sent it to a knitting factory and now I offer cashmere sweaters in more than 25 colors, changing the colors on a very regular basis. The website will open to customers all over the world in a week or so, meanwhile please feel free and visit www.ankar.se

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They look nice, and the price seems decent. It would be useful if the website had measurements (sleeve/chest/shoulder/length) for the different sizes. I, for one, am hesitant to order from overseas, since I am usually between two sizes.

Nille

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
They look nice, and the price seems decent. It would be useful if the website had measurements (sleeve/chest/shoulder/length) for the different sizes. I, for one, am hesitant to order from overseas, since I am usually between two sizes.

If you look at the measurment side you can see what the sizes are. I will be in NY the 8-13th April if you are intrested.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many of the colours are fabulous. Will you be showing your knitwear at any stores in particular?

Slim fit models would also be lovely.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The colours do look wonderful however as Whoopee said slimmer models would probably do very well. The sizing you currently have is somewhat off. Right now your small measures at 44 inches, massive for a small which normally matches to those who wear a size 36-38 in a jacket. But once again they look really nice.

Waltar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rajesh06
Is the cashmere you use 2-ply or greater?

I'd like to know this, and in what world is a 44 chest a small? I guess being a 34-35 in chest makes me a small baby.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nille
cashmere yarn from Loro Piana sent it to a knitting factory

May I ask where the factory is located.

Nille

Reaction score
No we dont sell to any stores only ion the Internet

Nille

Reaction score
No it is singely ply 2/28 yarns, actually the same as you may find at Loro Piana

Nille

Reaction score
It is full chest divide by 2 and you get 1/2 chest, the measurement you are looking for.

Nille

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
The colours do look wonderful however as Whoopee said slimmer models would probably do very well. The sizing you currently have is somewhat off. Right now your small measures at 44 inches, massive for a small which normally matches to those who wear a size 36-38 in a jacket. But once again they look really nice.

Thank you, divide by 2 and you get the chest widht, the measurments on the web is all around (chest and back).

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Nille, the sizing questions are because your "S" is 112 cm, which corresponds to an Eu 56, which corresponds to about a US 44. A US 44 is generally a large, not a small. Your ladies sizing sounds like a more accurate men's sizing to me.

edit: is the size you list, the size of the sweater and not of the body? That would make a bit more sense.

Tom

Nille

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Nille, the sizing questions are because your "S" is 112 cm, which corresponds to an Eu 56, which corresponds to about a US 44. A US 44 is generally a large, not a small. Your ladies sizing sounds like a more accurate men's sizing to me.

edit: is the size you list, the size of the sweater and not of the body? That would make a bit more sense.

Tom

Tom, The sizing is accurate for mens as well, if you compare to other american sites you will find that chest on an S is between 43-44 inches depending on the style. So far we have sold a couple of thousand sweaters and had no problem. Thank you anyway for your comment as mentioned this site is quite new and I am thankful for all suggestions I can get.
Nille

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads