• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best looser-fitting jeans

Debaser

Reaction score
I've come to a conclusion--I'm sick of most boot-cuts. The reason being the size of my legs/ass. My waist is a 33, but I need to wear a 36 in cuts like the GTO, Hutch, and Morphy. Don't get me wrong, these jeans are great, but I'm sick of having all that extra material that I have to cinch with a belt. I love the ICN, but don't like ANY of the jeans Paper Denim is currently offering. This pair of Earnest Sewns looks great, especially their new pocket stitching. I'm not sure how loose they are. I'm tempted to pick up a pair of 33s as they are out of size 34, but they might run a little small. Has anyone tried on this pair and know how they compare to the ICN? Anyway, the focus of this thread is quality looser-fitting jeans. Any of your opinions are welcome. I'm also thinking of picking up a pair of Nudie loose Frank's.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Yea, you definitely need to buy jeans in your own size. Even if the legs are looser, it looks odd to have all that extra material kind of pillowing out - especially if you go up three sizes. Check out Blue Bloods and PRPS - both are pricey (the Blue Bloods around 250USD and PRPS 300+) but are the best looking pre-distressed jeans on the market, and both offer some really nice looking loose fits (that will actually be the right waist size). You can find Blue Bloods at Hollywood Trading Company in Fred Segal Santa Monica, or at Moshi Moshi in NYC. PRPS, maybe at Famous Friends NYC but I'm not positive.

Try both those, you won't be disappointed. Also, don't look at online pictures and swear it off - you gotta see them in real life to see how good their washes are.

benchan

Reaction score
PC Anglaise is worth a look........though I still wish mine to be an inch or so smaller in the waist while keeping other measurements the same.

Harami

Reaction score
Wow, that is expensive. I'm looking for jeans of this type too, something I can wear every day during campus. Anything in the cheaper range?

itzamazing

Reaction score
Sevens in the relaxed fit (button fly) would probably work well for you. It's a trial and error process but I have 2 pairs which really worked well for me...the legs are still bootcut, just not narrow in the thighs.. have large thighs and an ass and I can't wear a lot of these jeans out here without going up 2-4 sizes (could have the waist taken in, but why?).

rearviewmirror

Reaction score
i think rogan original are one of the better looser fitting jeans

the tragic wash is esp. nice imo

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a similar problem that jeans are tight on my thighs but loose on my hips. I tried on the Earnest Sewn Hemingway today at Barney's Coop and I was surprised that it fit really well. Have you tried them?

I'll have to wait until they go on sale because $200 for jeans is a little much. Anyone know where I can get Earnest Sewn for less?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Another good option is the Diesel Yokees, if you can find a wash that's not too outlandish. Mine are starting to get replaced by a new pair of Nudie RR, so I might be able to help you out.

Tom

itzamazing

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get Earnest Sewn for less?
Neiman Marcus Last Call always has tons, at least the ones I have visited...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, I would recommend the Rag & Bone RB1 (the heavier denim has a terrific hand and color) and the Corpus Fine (true to szie waist, but definitely roomier in the thighs. And the original fit Rogan jean, as already stated, is a terrific cut, though I always hesistate to buy a jean design to age quickly (I wear jeans hard enough already, and don't need the extra help, thanks.) Earnest Sewn Hemingways will also likely fit you well, but I am not a huge fan of the design. Nudie Loose Franks are another option. That (only $155 for Dry Loose Franks) and the Corpus Fine ($175-200, but often on sale because Corpus is redesigning most of their line) are probably your "best buys". If the "Anglaise" jean were still made, I'd definitely recommend that, but sadly, A.P.C. has phased it out and I don't think that the Rescues (or now "Man Jean" quite make the same grade.)

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to suggest Atelier La Durance, one of the best loose jeans at its price-point.

I have the same problem. Another good option is the Diesel Yokees, if you can find a wash that's not too outlandish. Mine are starting to get replaced by a new pair of Nudie RR, so I might be able to help you out.
Yokees are ok, but alot of their washes and designs are unsightly and outlandish. If you can ever find a pair of selvage Kratt from diesel, IMO those are the ultimate baggy jeans. They would also be cheaper since Diesel discontinued them.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't tried them, but Crate seems to make some looser-fitting denim, very slubby and in lighter weight, which is always good for the warmer weather. Also, the price point is good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads