• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to Japan

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am offering to bring back stuff from Japan. I plan to check out Uniqlo, Denime and various other shops. I'm going to be in Tokyo from about the 12th to the 25th and I'll be checking in here. I'm not bringing back huge amounts of stuff but if there's something you're dying for, let me know. BE VERY SPECIFIC. I will not decide or guess any details for you.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you be up for getting photos of those roving gangs of hipsters/goths/trendy types in Harajuku?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yes, we plan to get plenty of pictures and video.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A DDR trophy.
Do you know how many ten-year-old girls they'd have to beat to get one of those? Anyways, have fun on your trip.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ken @ May 08 2005,20:51) A DDR trophy.
Do you know how many ten-year-old girls they'd have to beat to get one of those? ....
please take videos of that as well.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear J, I would like one (1) pair of schoolgirl's underwear from the vending machines in Tokyo, that we've had a recent discussion about on the forum.
wink.gif
, or how about just a T-Shirt?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dear J, I would like one (1) pair of schoolgirl's underwear from the vending machines in Tokyo, that we've had a recent discussion about on the forum.
Where's this? And, okay, I guess. Hope customs doesn't mind.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tokyo is a sea of vending machines, popping up in places you'd never think of, as such, you'll likely stumble upon these by chance

and as a side note, i believe japan passed a law that said something about minimum age of 18 for used undergarments

sashae

Reaction score
Speaking of Japan, what are some of the recommended shops around Tokyo that are worth hitting up? I'm heading to Tokyo for 10 days in October, and I'm trying to plan out a trip to find a nice pair of unwashed, natural indigo dyed jeans to use as a project pair. I was thinking of 45rpm, but any other recommendations would be appreciated.

-s

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Japan, what are some of the recommended shops around Tokyo that are worth hitting up?  I'm heading to Tokyo for 10 days in October, and I'm trying to plan out a trip to find a nice pair of unwashed, natural indigo dyed jeans to use as a project pair.  I was thinking of 45rpm, but any other recommendations would be appreciated.

-s
45 RPM's jeans are at least "one wash"

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(VersaceMan @ May 08 2005,22:56) Dear J, I would like one (1) pair of schoolgirl's underwear from the vending machines in Tokyo, that we've had a recent discussion about on the forum.
Where's this? And, okay, I guess. Hope customs doesn't mind.
Umm I don't really want them.
cry.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I would like one (1) pair of schoolgirl's underwear from the vending machines in Tokyo
actually saw one of these in Shinjuku back in the 90s...i seem to remember it being billed specifically as "underage schoolgirl's panties", but like someone mentioned, a law was recently passed that made those machines illegal.

you can buy beer from a vending machine all over town. you just cant "walk and drink"...you gotta stand there and drink it before walking.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(VersaceMan @ May 08 2005,22:56) I would like one (1) pair of schoolgirl's underwear from the vending machines in Tokyo
actually saw one of these in Shinjuku back in the 90s...i seem to remember it being billed specifically as "underage schoolgirl's panties", but like someone mentioned, a law was recently passed that made those machines illegal. you can buy beer from a vending machine all over town. you just cant "walk and drink"...you gotta stand there and drink it before walking.
No walking and drinking? Tokyo has some very strange rules
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics