• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang slim fit shirts

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I haven't bought RTW shirts in a long time, so cannot tell you. It may indeed sit low on the neck, which may be related to having a long neck.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
Give me that again, whacked? How does that math work?
I looked at the measurements Kent posted and made a few educated guesses
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
The shirts are currently available in only one size, Small, which is based on my own measurements:

Neck: 16
Shoulder: 18
Front Chest: 15.5
Chest: 11 x 19.5 (=pit to pit laying flat)
Tummy: 9.75 x 17.5 (=waist laying flat)
Hip: 10.625 x 18.5
Length: Front 26.5 , Back 28
Sleeve: 23.5 (=sleeve length from shoulder seam) x 9 x 2.5
Armhole: 17.75
Elbow: Down 9.5 , wide 13.25

Chest measurement around the torso should come up to around 39". It has also been established in multiple discussions over at MC forum that to make a slim shirt, one should add 3" to his chest measurement. Hence the shirt would fit as intended on someone with 36" chest. My estimation proves correct:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
In jackets, I wear a 36.
In my experience, someone w/ such parameters would take a 14-14.5 in off the rack shirts. As a matter of fact, most 14.5 RTW have chest measurement around 42".

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. I'm in wonderment that Kent has a 16" neck and 23" arms. I'm a 38R in RLBL with a 15" neck, 18" shoulders and 24 1/2" sleeves - so pretty much your average-to-skinny size S - and it's clear that this shirt's not going to work for me. Pity, as there's no questioning Kent's sense of style.

Originally Posted by whacked
I looked at the measurements Kent posted and made a few educated guesses

Chest measurement around the torso should come up to around 39". It has also been established in multiple discussions over at MC forum that to make a slim shirt, one should add 3" to his chest measurement. Hence the shirt would fit as intended on someone with 36" chest. My estimation proves correct:

In my experience, someone w/ such parameters would take a 14-14.5 in off the rack shirts. As a matter of fact, most 14.5 RTW have chest measurement around 42".

Serg

Reaction score
This is the first time being a weird size has payed off. Review coming after I get the shirt.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Review by Serg. A new batch of size Small shirts is on its way from the workshop in one week. The neck size has been reduced to 15" and chest increased by 1". These will retail at $95. Size Medium is also in the works. First review sample will be ready in a few weeks and final retail should be ready in two months. The price for Medium (and eventually Large) will be higher because more fabric is used. This is really the most fair pricing scheme. Conventional retailers essentially have their small customers subsidize the big people. As a size Small, I feel this is a great injustice that I am determined to correct.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New batch of Smalls have arrived. Measurements have been modified. Neck: 15 Shoulder: 18 Sleeve: 23.5 Chest: 20 Waist: 17.5 Length: 26.5 This corresponds to a 15-32.5 in conventional retail sizing. #1. 120's #2. 100's. SOLD. #3. 100's. Has small side pleats. SOLD #5. 100's. SOLD Price is $95. Free shipping in the US, $10 international. Google Checkout only, or add $5 for PayPal. Please place your order via the website order form. Do not PM. There are still two shirts from the sample sale that are still available for $70. Coming soon: Kent Wang boxers. Luxurious 2-ply fabric in bold patterns. No tag on the waistband to irritate you. Slim fit. These should be ready for sale next month in size Small (waist size 30-32).

Durden

Reaction score
my zara slim fit shirts in size M have a 38 inch chest. (laid flat x2)

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you attempted to place an order or emailed me over the past few days and I have not responded to you, please email me again as we experienced some service interruption recently. Everything should be working again now.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
VMan's review of a size Medium shirt. I'm seeking feedback on the sizing for Medium. This is based on VMan's measurements, which I think are pretty standard. Neck: 15.75 Shoulder: 19.5 Sleeve: 25.5 Chest: 22 Waist: 19 Length: 28.5 This corresponds to a 15.75-35.25 in conventional retail sizing. Once I finalize the sizing for Medium, the next batch will be ready for sale in about six weeks. Pricing is $105 for Medium, $95 for Small.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If people in the 38-40 inch chest range wear medium, would a 42 inch chest be better ?

EnglishGent

Reaction score
The sirts look impressive and I'm very tempted to buy one after reading the review of the M shirts. Before I order, can you tell me the sleeve length?

Thanks

jett

Reaction score
is shirt #3 white or blueish white? it's hard to tell from the picture.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
If people in the 38-40 inch chest range wear medium, would a 42 inch chest be better ?
42-44 chest will be L. Those will not be available until early 2008.
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
The sirts look impressive and I'm very tempted to buy one after reading the review of the M shirts. Before I order, can you tell me the sleeve length?
I have updated the above posts to add sleeve length for both S and M. To be clear, only S is available now. M will be available in six weeks.
Originally Posted by jett
is shirt #3 white or blueish white? it's hard to tell from the picture.
Pure white.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads