• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: New pair of very sweet wingtips.....

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love the sole on these but I have soured on round toe shoes and getting rid of the ones I own. These are from a limited edition "Trafton" run Cole Haan did. They were manufactured in Italy (have not been able to find out by whom) by someone who knows what they are doing. Goodyear welted, channelled soles, shovel type sole and rubber insert heel. Eyelets are reinforced. Inside shoe is handwritten last, size information and "Handwork By:" with the persons name. I believe these are shell cordovan, but they do not say anywhere whether they are calf skin or shell cordovan. Shoe size is a 10.5 (sole length 12 1/6 x 4 7/16)
The soles on these shoes are a work of art. Shoes now have front and back rubber toe taps. Will sell them for $260 shipped in the US, $25 more for international. Comes with box and real nice red shoe bags. I am always open to trades of shoes or boots in the 10-10.5 range (chiseld toes), preferably new.

cole.jpg

cole3.jpg

cole2.jpg

cole5.jpg

cole4.jpg

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
ed, those are very sweet. it looks shell cordovan to me. i can just tell.
i have seen higher end cole haans similar to this at various private stores and they are nothing like their lower end you see at the outlets.
these are very beautiful.
i would get these but you know i am trying to get a vass!
i think 260 maybe a little too low of a price for these. whoever gets these maybe getting a real good bargain.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am also of the belief that they are shell but since I cannot prove it, I'd rather not say it for sure. At $260 they are a very good price for calfskin and for the construction you are getting. For shell, they are a steal.

Diorshoe, I am in the same Vass boat
smile.gif

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pm sent

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finest Cole Haan's I've seen, can't believe you are selling them Ed.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of these shoes. I got them 5 or 6 years, the were called the "Werner" back then. Retailed for around $450. Maybe the best shoes ever made by CH. They had 3 styles, a wingtip, captoe, and a splittoe.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
I have a pair of these shoes. I got them 5 or 6 years, the were called the "Werner" back then. Retailed for around $450. Maybe the best shoes ever made by CH. They had 3 styles, a wingtip, capton, and a splittoe.

Yes, the box says Werner and it also says "Cordovan". Don't know if they mean simply the color or the materials. Retail on the box is $550. The shoe bags are actually the best I've seen. Anyway, they are still available but I am leaning more towards keeping them unless a really nice trade pops up
smile.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Yes, the box says Werner and it also says "Cordovan". Don't know if they mean simply the color or the materials. Retail on the box is $550. The shoe bags are actually the best I've seen. Anyway, they are still available but I am leaning more towards keeping them unless a really nice trade pops up
smile.gif

Not my size...disappointed....
cry.gif
baldy[1].gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've got the Cole Haan Werner captoe in dark brown and these are seriously nice kicks. Ed, I concur with the sentiemnt that you should hold onto to these.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Ed, I concur with the sentiemnt that you should hold onto to these.

Ditto. I would hold on to them for sure. Very nice
smile.gif

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kali77
Ditto. I would hold on to them for sure. Very nice
smile.gif

&
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I've got the Cole Haan Werner captoe in dark brown and these are seriously nice kicks. Ed, I concur with the sentiemnt that you should hold onto to these.

These guys wouldn't know a good shoe if someone hit them on their head with it. Listen to me, these CH are utter crap. Get rid of them as soon as possible. Heck, I'd even help in that effort!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads