• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

shelton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
Jeans look fine IMO, but dude you give new meaning to bulky and muscular. PPL use those terms alot to describe body parts/areas - now I am not so sure I had teh right picture. Eg. Get ______ jeans if you have 'muscular' thighs.
confused.gif

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean but I had to put the camera on a shelf to take the pics so they were stuck at a certain angle and I was trying to show the rest of the fit too. People have told me I have a bulky upper body, I dont know.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shelton
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean but I had to put the camera on a shelf to take the pics so they were stuck at a certain angle. People have told me I have a bulky upper body, I dont know.

Not meant as a diss, at all. I guess it's all relative ya know. Just wanna get some sort of idea of what's generally accepted as bulky. Or ANY description used for that matter.

But to not get off track:

Here are my RRDS hang drying after tonight's cold soak. They weren' stinky/dirty or anything like that - but I reall do like the deep blue color and they were getting a bit too loose. Twas time!!

rrds_soak_091706.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
To be perfectly honest, I could easily have mistaken those for my pair of RRDS. The fade pattern is identical.

yeah, i saw someone who had a pair in a few months in and they looked EXACTLY like a pair that i sold on ebay a few months back. they fade all the same but imo much better than APC's.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Nudie Thin Flinn Dry Comfort Stretch (29x32)

I'm not sure if they look werid on me because I have a sorta bulky muscular upper body from rock climbing and playing bass. What do you guys think?

they look great.

and you ae hardly bulky.

i mean you are not herion chic skinny or anything but c'mon.

how stretchy are they?

are they like the long john stretchy what?

shelton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cultpop 0217
they look great.

and you ae hardly bulky.

i mean you are not herion chic skinny or anything but c'mon.

how stretchy are they?

are they like the long john stretchy what?

Thanks, they really are very stretchy and comfortable. The denim feels very different from the dry black and dry greycast Slim Jims I have. I haven't tried any long johns so I'm not sure how they compare but the "Dry Comfort" Long Johns are probably pretty similar though they do look slightly different in the pictures I've found online at ZooVillage. I have no idea how the black Long Johns would be.

Brian SD

Reaction score
here's a few other jeans

Hmmm...I'll try to guess.

Thin Finn
JR California
hmm.. Slim Jim Dry Black?
I can't tell the last one. color is similar to the light blue Rag&Bone color but the texture isn't the same. Maybe Nudie veggie or greycast?

shelton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Hmmm...I'll try to guess.

Thin Finn
JR California
hmm.. Slim Jim Dry Black?
I can't tell the last one. color is similar to the light blue Rag&Bone color but the texture isn't the same. Maybe Nudie veggie or greycast?

That's all correct and the bottom pair is greycast slim jims that have been soaked a few times. P.S. the title of my post has the jeans listed abbreviated, I didn't mean to not include what they were.

Brian SD

Reaction score
That's all correct and the bottom pair is greycast slim jims that have been soaked a few times. P.S. the title of my post has the jeans listed abbreviated, I didn't mean to not include what they were.

oh my bad.
teacha.gif

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
i cant figure out if i like that confort denim more or less than the older indigo finns.

the blue back pocket stitching is pretty cool though.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was pretty impressed none the less Brian.

No comments on my washed pair?
wink.gif
(I really do not think they look at all different, maybe some more "vertical" fading).

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Nudie Baggy Bjorn Selvage, about 5 months old, no washes, 1 dry-clean, moderate wear, with a little cheating here and there(sandpaper).

Back:
IMG_1326.jpg

Front:
IMG_1325.jpg

On Me:
IMG_1331.jpg

Think I'll have to worry about signficant inseam shrinkage? It's fine now, but if it shrinks a lot more, it'll look pretty silly, being as they are fairly loose-fitting.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nudie Thin Flinn Dry Comfort Stretch (29x32)

I'm not sure if they look werid on me because I have a sorta bulky muscular upper body from rock climbing and playing bass. What do you guys think?

haha, definitely not a bulky (or muscular) upper body by any means, on the other hand the jeans do fit well.

shelton

Reaction score
Cultpop, I always wanted some regular Dry nudies but could never find any in the cut/size I was looking for. I think the Dry Comforts look pretty awesome right away without any wear but some people might not like the stretch and I'm not the biggest fan of the deep and low back pockets,

Thank for the compliments on the fit everyone. You guys are right I guess and I was speaking only relative to how tight my jeans fit. I've always worn really slim jeans but I recently got some Julian Reds that are a looser fit and lots of my friends have been telling me they like those on me as if maybe I don't always look the best in the tight jeans I normally wear. I figured out the self-timer strike a pose thing better, here a pic from the side. I don't mean to sidetrack from the topic but maybe this shows a little better what I was questioning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads