• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize there was a store selling freewheelers in Kyoto. I should head over on my day off, I always wanted to try some of their wares especially the jeans.
Yeah he pretty much only stocks Freewheelers. There’s some Sugar Cane /Sun Surf stuff, but it’s practically a single brand store. Oh and Ace Wester Belts that he’ll custom stud for you with riveting machine thingy which is cool.

There’s a craft beer place across the street that looked good too.

Rnam

Reaction score
Hey y'all

Going to Tokyo this summer for 2 weeks.. need to plan an itinerary with ALL the spots I need to visit pertaining to Japanese americana/Ivy. Does anyone have a comprehensive list? Would hate to fly back home and not have visited certain spots; I'll never forgive myself!

Cheers!

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Hey y'all

Going to Tokyo this summer for 2 weeks.. need to plan an itinerary with ALL the spots I need to visit pertaining to Japanese americana/Ivy. Does anyone have a comprehensive list? Would hate to fly back home and not have visited certain spots; I'll never forgive myself!

Cheers!
Search my posts in the last 4 months.

kurdo

Reaction score
I am looking at some Japanese boots from Toys McCoy, but can't figure out which size I need because conversion charts are very contradictory, to say the least.

My EU boot size is between a 43 EU - 44 EU, with 44 EU often being too large.

The boots I am eying are available in the sizes 8.5 (26.5 cm), 9 (27 cm) and size 10 (28 cm) – all on different stores, so exchanges won't be possible.

I am tempted to go for the size 9, assuming that is a EU 43, but there are some charts out there that state a size 9 = 42 EU, which would be way too small.

All advice appreciated :)

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 20.15.08.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 20.16.06.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 20.16.27.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 20.16.58.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 20.17.17.png
Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 20.18.08.png

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking at some Japanese boots from Toys McCoy, but can't figure out which size I need because conversion charts are very contradictory, to say the least.

The boots I am eying are available in the sizes 8.5 (26.5 cm), 9 (27 cm) and size 10 (28 cm) – all on different stores, so exchanges won't be possible.

I am tempted to go for the size 9, assuming that is a EU 43, but there are some charts out there that state a size 9 = 42 EU, which would be way too small.

View attachment 2184929
View attachment 2184931
View attachment 2184933
View attachment 2184935
View attachment 2184937 View attachment 2184939
I've got these and took my true to size (from the brannock device). I'm a UK9, EU43, US10 and took these in a 10 fwiw.

kurdo

Reaction score
I've got these and took my true to size (from the brannock device). I'm a UK9, EU43, US10 and took these in a 10 fwiw.

Thanks for the quick reply!

So would you say the Real McCoy's US 10/EU 43 equals a Japanese 28?

Edit: going for the JP 28. Found another website that states a Toys McCoy US 10 = JP 28. Will report back with findings when I receive it :D

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!

So would you say the Real McCoy's US 10/EU 43 equals a Japanese 28?

Edit: going for the JP 28. Found another website that states a Toys McCoy US 10 = JP 28. Will report back with findings when I receive it :D
I just know for this boot that works. When I look at sizing recs for someone like Rolling Dub Trio, it seems that I'd be either a 27 or 27.5, but for Brother Bridge probably a 28. I think you have to go by the makers individually. Almost like comparing some of Alden's lasts or John Lofgren's. Some you take true to size and some you go down an extra half

Cobra

Reaction score

View attachment 2184929
View attachment 2184931
View attachment 2184933
View attachment 2184935
View attachment 2184937 View attachment 2184939

I own two pairs of Toy's Mccoy boots, the M-43 Service boot and the Wild One engineeer. My brannock size is US8/EU41, but I am between widths (D/E). All of their shoes with the exception of the engineer boots are E width. Since I assumed the M-43 was faithful to the original, I expected these to be quite large so I got a 7.5. Those fit me very well though I could have possibly gone a full size down. The engineer boots I got TTS since they were regular width. I think they fit me fine after having broken them in and wearing the appropriate socks, however I kind of regret not going down half a size.

kurdo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys!

Based on different conversion charts, a JP28 is either EU43 or EU44. As I am somewhere between a EU43 - EU44, I think JP28 was the safest choice. I usually wear thick socks, so if it's a bit too large, I'll (hopefully) manage to make it fit.

I got this pair, the "Steve McQueen" desert boots/chukkas :

61GRaKiVO5L._AC_SL1050_.jpg

Playful yet neat – and looks lightweight. Perfect pair for summer :)

Cobra

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys!

Based on different conversion charts, a JP28 is either EU43 or EU44. As I am somewhere between a EU43 - EU44, I think JP28 was the safest choice. I usually wear thick socks, so if it's a bit too large, I'll (hopefully) manage to make it fit.

I got this pair, the "Steve McQueen" desert boots/chukkas :

View attachment 2185037

Playful yet neat – and looks lightweight. Perfect pair for summer :)

According to their own website a JP28 is a US10 (which is what it should be). I do know what you mean that sometimes the numbers don't line up which can be confusing. I hope they restock these soon as I've wanted a pair for awhile.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenncoke